Women are the great untapped potential of the global economy: in today’s challenging economic environment, no country or society can move forward while leaving half of its population behind.
Broadly, the cause of our time is financial inclusion. While most are focused on the 99%, we would like to draw your attention to the other 1%:
- Women own only 1% of property around the world, because in many cases it is not legally permitted.
- Women represent 50 percent of the world’s population and talent, but they comprise only 1% of all suppliers to large corporations and government.
Our aim is to empower 1 billion women with the tools and support they need to become active, contributing members of the global economy by 2020 as producers and consumers, as entrepreneurs and workers, employers and employees. Serving as advocates, mobilizers and partners to our 100+ members, we’re uniting organizations that might not ordinarily work together under a common goal, and highlighting models that have achieved real success in the past.
Please join us and sign our petition to the G20 and demand financial inclusion of women.Sandra Taylor Senior Director of La Pietra Coalition